She Designs He Prints is Committed to Promoting Sustainability and endeavours to source all supplies, machinery and labour ethically and responsibly.
• To comply with, and exceed where possible, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
• To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
• To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementin and improving it.
• To minimize the impact on the environment of all office and transportation/delivery activities.
• To review and continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Practical Steps In order to Put These Principles into Practice
Travel and Meetings
• Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, apart from in circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
• Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips.
• Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc.
• Reduce the need for multiple deliveries, manage logistics in a responsible way.
• Use only logistics partners who are commited to a sustainable practice.
Purchase of Equipment/Consumption of Resources/Work Practices
• Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double siding all paper used, and identifying pportunities to reduce waste.
• As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
• Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
• Seek to purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximize the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also upporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
• Ensure that timber furniture, and any other timber products, are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
• Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
• Ensure all waste is managed and recycled.
• Undertake voluntary work with the local community to seek to offset carbon emissions from our activities. (Currently providing graphic design support pro bono for The Simon Community, Gerri’s place and Event Volunteers Ireland.)